Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 26, 2010

Why I Created a Blog for Kyla

My name is Amber Vance. I created this blog for my daughter Kyla, who was born with Amniotic Band Syndrome on September 5, 2009. I decided to create a blog for Kyla to 1) share her story 2) network with other mothers of children with ABS 3) create more awareness of ABS.

Kyla is a few days shy of 6 months old. She is an extremely happy baby and is an enormous blessing to myself, my Husband, our family and friends. Kyla's ABS is "more severe" than other's. She was born without half of her left forearm and hand. She has her elbow and half of her forearm. On the end of her arm, she has some "nubbins (this is the technical term for them)."

There are several times when I look at my sweet baby and know in my mind that she is going to be an amazing person. I wonder what great things she will do throughout her lifetime and about the people that she will inspire. I know without a doubt that she will surprise many everyday in her abilities to do things just as well as those of us with two normal arms and hands.

I look forward to sharing her milestones with anyone who is interested in reading about them. Whether there is no one interested, only a few, or several....I will share her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment