Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Trip to Seattle Tomorrow


Tomorrow is another trip up to Seattle for Kyla's appointment at Children's. They will do the molding of her arm at 2 pm, then over the next few weeks will make her arm. I'm going to try again to get a cute pink prosthetic or at least something cool and not boring like skin color. She's a baby, why not make it cute or interesting, so she will like the thing! We'll see if Children's has more options than the office we went to already here in Richland.


We took Kyla to the playground by our future new house last weekend and a family showed up and within a few minutes a boy just point blank asked us "What happened to her arm?" We tried to explain to him, but kids just don't get it. Not sure how to make it so that they can understand, or if it is even possible. Then I saw him walking around the playground pulling on his arm for the next few minutes.... He came back over and asked how old she was and said she was really cute. It was the first time I'd had some random person (or kid) ask about it. Not a big deal, but somehow I should try and come up with some way to explain sort of what happened when kids ask.


Life has been pretty hectic lately and I'm exhausted. Can't wait until we are in our new house and all of the nessicary remodeling has been done. Will be good to get settled somewhere. Moving with a 9 month old (Kyla will be 9 months Saturday) has been VERY interesting. I don't recommend it.


Anyhow, Kyla is now rolling to get places and can't be left alone. She is no longer stationary and even though she only has one hand, that one hand can do amazing things (as far as getting into stuff she shouldn't be getting into) :) I love my little baby. She is becoming more cuddly and I try to tell myself to enjoy every moment of cuddling and loving on her, because this isn't going to last forever! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment