Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 18, 2011

Thought I would check back in this week.  I am off of bed rest, as of last Tuesday and am so glad to be out of the house and living life as usual (sort of).  We had a doctor appointment Tuesday morning and that went alright.  The doctor said we still have about a 30% chance of losing the baby, and what I am experiencing is something they call a Threatened Abortion.  Nice terminology huh?  Ugh, I wanted to like cry just hearing him say this stuff to me, but I didn't.  He remembered Kyla and her delivery and the shock of her arm...at the end of the appointment he gave me a hug and that's why I like him.  He knows what we have already been through and the stress we are going through now.  It's definitely scary knowing that at any moment for at least 4 more weeks my baby could just all of a sudden you know...we could lose the baby and I could be anywhere...  I try not to think about this too much because I trust that once again God has something in store for us.  I am pretty sure this little baby is going to make it.  As soon as I found out I was pregnant I put in a prayer request at church for them to be praying for a healthy baby and healthy pregnancy.  This was on a Sunday and the following Wednesday I got a phone call from a Pastor at the church letting me know that they would be praying for me, our family and the baby.  Now people who talk crap about large churches, what do you think about that?  I have gone to small churches that wouldn't be that quick to call and discuss prayer requests with their church members.  I just feel like there are so many people praying for this baby, including myself, and my Husband and this is just another one of those deals.  I have always felt that life hasn't been a piece of cake for me...and it really hasn't... but like I have always believed, I think there is a reason for that.  So to make a long story short, if we can make it to 10 weeks, the risk of losing the baby will go down to 2%.  I am 10 weeks in about 3.5 weeks.  Not too much longer. 

Kyla on the other hand has been doing amazingly well.  She literally shocks me with how smart she is on almost a daily basis.  Her memory is like weird good, she is now saying her ABC's up until the letter G and the things she says just crack us up.  Last night we went out to dinner at sort of a nicer restaurant and the kid now plays a like peek-a-boo game with armie.  The peek-a-boo game consists of her pulling her armie inside her shirt, lifting up her shirt and poking it out by her belly, then pulling it back in and poking armie out her sleeve...then pulling it in and pulling her shirt up and sticking armie out by her belly...the entire time she is doing this she is having a great time, just thinks it's hilarious.  Well last night she starts doing this at the restaurant and I'm like "Kyla put your shirt down!!!" and of course my Husband is just cracking up and egging her on.  UGH.... I'm sure people are already watching her and to top that off she decides to put on a show for them.  LOL. 

We go in a little over a week for an ultrasound...make sure baby is still alive.  Talk about stress, right?  I'll be nervous for that one.  One thing though, I know without any doubt that whatever happens is God's plan and I don't doubt what he has planned for me.  I can rest in knowing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment