Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

So Behind

I've been so behind on posting any updates this past summer.  Life has just been so busy.  I'm still babysitting my 5 month old niece 3 to 2 days/week and she has kept me busy, plus my kiddos and my photography business; my husband's weird work schedule.  We recently made some big purchases - I finally got my SUV and LOVE it....makes my life so much easier.  It's a hybrid, so I don't need a key - awesome for me since I'm always losing my keys in my purse anyways, it automatically opens all of my doors for me when I touch the drivers side or passenger side door handles (awesome, because once again don't need keys), I've got a DVD player for the kids for long trips or while we are waiting in the car for Dad to do some of his errands (he talks a lot ;)), which is so nice because they don't fight with each other; just sit quiet and watch their movie - all my cell phone calls come automatically through the car audio - another bonus since I also have a hard time finding my cell phone in my purse while driving (although this is a no no).....hmm, 3rd row seat which I used for the first time this morning while I took 3 kids to preschool drop off and pickup....just so much better making my life easier!  Anyhow enough about my car, back to the kids.

Kyla is now 5!  We had her birthday this past weekend at a skating rink.  She enjoyed it, but could've used more skating time, less present/cake/ice cream time :)  We let her get her ears pierced as her gift from us.  My parents made me and my Sister wait until we were like 8 & 9 to get ours and Kyla had been asking for a few months now, so I had told her for her birthday she could.  They pierced both of them at the same time, she was scared and wanted to back out but we let her pick some cute earrings and she was OK with it.  Some tears after and I am such a weirdo about perfect placement and they didn't place one earring centered so that bothered me, but whatever - it's good enough, gotta let it go! 

Kyla is back in ballet class and already outgrew her first leotard.  Which those things are expensive!  She also really could use some new tap shoes as well - out grew them in just a few months as well.  No biggie, that's what she has a little Sister for ;)  Emma will use them all someday I imagine.  I did move Kyla to a different class yesterday, mid-day so stay at home Mom's and way less chaotic in the hallways - actually so quiet I could sit and just read Emma a book while we waited, which was much nicer than her first class back - it was nuts, grandpa's and grandma's so packed in front of the glass windows to the class that we could barely see her the entire hour - crazy grandpa's making faces at the kids while they tried to pay attention to the teacher, etc.  Glad we got her in a good spot now and she is with a friend from her previous class earlier this year - even better.  Different teacher, but her new teacher is also super nice.

Kyla also is back at her same preschool for her 3rd year, Pre-K class.  But she goes 4 days/week now...gearing up for real school.  I love her new teacher, she is an older lady but so sweet and has a super cute classroom, which I think is fun for the kids - they are always doing neat things.  

I am so thankful that ever since birth Kyla has really been surrounded by good people who really do love and care for her.  I've been stressing lately about where to send her to school next year.  I want to avoid public school and want something smaller for her (less kids, more closely watched).  And of course private school is so expensive.  I'm not sure what we are going to do, but I'm going to start researching it soon to mainly just decide on a place so I can stop stressing.  Kyla has such a sweet heart and I don't want any means kids damaging that...she really is a little angel (90% of the time - unless she is fighting with her Sister, or not eating her food like she is supposed to).
 
Anyhow, I've got both my niece and Emma asleep now and had a few minutes - having both little ones nap at the same time is sorta rare.  Gotta take advantage of it while I can!  

No comments:

Post a Comment