Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Summer 2015

It's been quite some time again since I've shared here.  This summer has been so busy as I have returned to school and am taking 2 classes, one of which is a Medical Terminology class and is kicking my butt.  I'm nearing the end though and I'm happy to say I've got 100 in one class and a 97.7 in the other.  But I've worked really hard for those grades, which are needed due to such high competition to get into these medical programs at our local community college.  So in between class work, writing papers, studying and taking tests, we have been trying to fit in as much time together as a family as we can and fun activities for the kids. 

Next week is Kyla's first week at Vacation Bible School which she is excited for.  I remember loving VBS as a kid and it's about 10 times better now than it was when I went so I think she will enjoy it.  We are also getting ready for her to start at her new elementary school.  I have her enrolled in half day Kinder as it is a private school that I feel will be a little bit of an adjustment for her.  Greg and I sat in on a class last year and they expect a lot out of the kids, so we will start half day and if she wants or I feel full day would be good, we can move to that any time. 

Emma is also going to start preschool this year.  She turned 3 in June, but she is ready for some socialization other than just Mom.  This is going to be really hard for her and for me as well.  I imagine the first 2 weeks will be torture dropping her off.  I expect lots of tears and screaming for me to not go.  :/  but I completely trust the women at this preschool and know that they will have her best interests in mind and will call me if needed.

Kyla has also been back in swimming lessons at our local court club.  It has taken a lot for her to get comfortable in the water again, but her teacher is very good at working with her and pushing her to do more but not so quickly that she gets scared again.  I am considering skipping a semester of ballet since she is doing so well at swimming until she can swim the length of the entire pool and back.  These kids activities can add up if you do too much at once.  Kyla is also going to be starting Upward soccer in just a few weeks.  The season for that is short, but I think she will enjoy it.  We will see, I have been told since her Dad was in Olympic Development soccer and her aunt and uncle were good at soccer as well that she will be too...but I dunno :)  I never played soccer or had an interest in the sport so I know nothing about it and can't help her at all, her Dad will have to do that part if she finds she enjoys it and it could become a regular activity for her.  The only concern here I have been told is for throw ins - that her little arm may be too short to get a good throw in - of course she has her prosthetic but the doctors as well as I didn't think it would be a good idea as she may hurt other kids with it - it is rock hard. 

Anyhow, that's all the time I have for an update, hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment