Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Seattle Children's Visit

Per my request, Kyla's pediatrician sent a referral for her to Seattle Children's Hospital the first of this week. Kyla's pediatrican was going to send us to Shriner's Hospital in Spokane sometime this summer, however after talking with other Mom's who have little ones with ABS, I decided Seattle would be the best place for us to go.

I received a call from Seattle Children's on Tuesday and scheduled an appointment for her in May, 2010. I got a call back at home that afternoon asking if we could come next Wednesday, March 17th, 2010; of course I said yes. After the receptionist spoke with the doctors we will be seeing, they requested that Kyla come earlier, because there will be several other families with children who have limb differences at next Wednesday's clinic as well.

I am super excited and looking forward to getting networked with the right doctors and having the opportunity to talk with other parents who have children similar to ours.

We will visit with 3 doctors while we are there. Two of the doctors are from Seattle Children's Hospital; one does surgeries, the other prosthesis, and another is from the University of Washington.

I will update the blog with more info. following Kyla's appointment! I am anxious to learn more about the condition and treatment options (if any).

No comments:

Post a Comment