Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Meet & Greet with Orthotics Doctor


Tomorrow we meet with an orthotics doctor here in the Tri-Cities to see if we want to go with them to make Kyla's prosthetic arm. There are 3 orthotics places here in the Tri-Cities, however I am going to make sure that whoever we go through knows what they are doing, or else we will just continue to make trips up to Seattle and will work with Seattle Children's Hospital. The lady we are meeting with tomorrow has been doing pediatric prosthetics for ~ 20 years, so it sounds like she knows what she is doing. (Let's hope). I attached a current photo of Kyla. She is getting so chunky and cute! The really neat thing is that she is using her little arm a lot when she is in the bathtub and her toys float at arm level, making it easier for her to utilize her arm. I'm still searching for a part time job so that when we do have Kyla's prosthetic arm here and she is wearing it, I will have the time I need to work with her each day. Crossing my fingers on this one, that something at the right level will come up since I'm almost topped out in my job category.... So we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment