Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Layoff

Got called into my Manager's office yesterday morning.  They are doing voluntary layoffs here at my work right now.  My Manager is basically asking me to do the voluntary layoff.  I told her I wouldn't, that if they are going to lay me off, I'll wait for the involuntary, so that I can collect unemployment.  Not really the way I planned for things to go.  The only sort of positive is their benefits package for both voluntary and involuntary is a severence package based on your years of service.  I have 9 years 7 months service here.  Not all of that has been full time work, which is why that 9 years 7 months is actually less than how long I have really been working here.  I've been here since July 2000.  Almost 12 years.  If I am part of the involuntary I should know around the end of June, right when I am due.  LOL, perfect timing for that stress on top of baby delivery, right?  Ugh....  it will be difficult not working anymore, but whatever.  I feel like maybe this is in the plans for us.  I should have enough from my severence benefits to pay my car off and we just paid our boat and Greg's truck off, so that will be nice.  Still it's scary to only have 1 provider for a family of 4, even with Greg having a PT job as well.  I'm sure it'll all work out, but still just not really how I wanted things to go.  We will see what happens.  And, if they replace me after the layoff, with me being pregnant, that is an easy lawsuit.  Hahaha, although they say they will just distribute my work amongst other co-workers.  Good thing is my Sister now works like 30 seconds away from my office and her job isn't going anywhere.  If I am gone, I've got her here to keep an eye on things for me.  :)  I was offered another FT job here, but I'm not going to work FT.  My family is #1 to me, and having both my babies in daycare FT is not what I want.  So I either work FT or I get the boot.  I will be getting the boot.  LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment