Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 23, 2013

Doctor's, and More Doctors.

Took the girl's to the doctor earlier today.  Left pretty upset....  totally got unexpected questions from the doctor as to what everyday needs can't Kyla do that justify her prosthetic.  I gave the doctor about five different examples but she kept pressing for more, so I explained to her about her bike and her scooter and ballet.  Those things aren't "necessary" according to the doctor.  I said, well as far as I'm concerned they are, because they allow her to function just as any other little girl her age does.  It was just out of no where unexpected....her doctor is usually so nice but was really pretty rude how she treated us today.  I was pissed and she could tell I think...I was almost to the point where I grabbed the girls and walked out, but I didn't.  I explained to the doctor, I've never really been around other 4 year old children, I don't know what things she should be able to do at the age of 4 that she can't do.  Kyla still needs help putting her clothes on, and apparently at 4, kids should be able to do that, according to the doctor.  When I told her this, she didn't look at me but shook her head at me....  well sorry lady but it's the truth, I've never really been around kids, except for 1 niece and she isn't 4.  LOL.....so I left there a little upset but then also sad....I find that the only time I cry, ever, is when is comes to Kyla and the difficulties that we have to go thru with her doctor's/insurance/kids not being so nice.  It is surely difficult parenting a child with differences, especially when that child isn't treated (by doctors/etc.) like she is different, when clearly she is.  I called my Husband on the way home and I just explained to him I don't understand why this prosthetic thing is so difficult when it really shouldn't be!  I think it's a combo of everyone who shouldn't receive benefits receiving them and people abusing the system that really have no right to be abusing.  I just find it shocking that we are even having to "fight" for this.  And like I explained to my Husband, it's difficult because I am always the one who sees this, since my Husband works so much he doesn't see the random kids in the hallway at preschool stop and yell "look, she doesn't have an arm!"  (we had this same thing happen twice in one day while doing drop off/pick ups at preschool last week) and he doesn't see the interactions that I deal with as far as doctors and insurance companies.  Ugh, it is hard..... but I do realize that we are lucky in that we do have it fairly easy, things could be a whole lot worse. 


Anyhow, Kyla has been loving school.  I just went thru my cell phone and deleted probably 50 pictures that she had taken her self, of random things, like the floor, her shoes, the walls, Emma, me, her Dad....  lol, she's into pictures lately.  And she makes you say cheese every time she takes a picture of you.  I'll attach a few she has taken. 

I've been doing more photography lately, I had a senior 2 weekends ago that turned out awesome, she is super pretty and her pictures just turned out really well....then I had a sibling shoot on Saturday that I was nervous for...I've never shot boys, so as far as posing, it was new to me, and there were 3 of them, including 2 teenage boys...yikes....they were not really into the whole taking pictures thing :)  and a younger boy and younger girl.  They turned out good but I wish I could've shot later in the day due to the bright lighting...but we had a schedule conflict.  Then Sunday I was supposed to shoot a child that is also a friend of ours but we had to reschedule due to rain.  It has been fun.  I've had some random people contact me and also a lady asking  me to do a booth at an event thing that is going on - I declined that...I'm definitely not ready for something like that.  But maybe someday. 

Anyhow here is Kyla's photography work for your enjoyment :)



Yes, she makes me turn around and say cheese while driving (I'll do it sometimes...).

No comments:

Post a Comment