Powered By Blogger

Monday, June 2, 2014

Kyla/Emma Update :)

Hi everyone.  It's been a while since I've visited Kyla's site.  I have been pre-occupied lately I guess; lots of things happening with the girls and family life; haven't really had the time to think much about getting an update in. 

Kyla finished her preschool year a little over a week ago.  She had two great teachers this year; who I really liked, so it's always kind of sad to see the year come to an end.  She is registered for two summer camps at her preschool over summer break, just fun camps for her to do.  Summer break with kids can be quite long with kids if you don't keep busy.  I found that out last summer with Emma, when she was too little to really take out for long periods of time.  :) 

I might be crazy but I'm supposed to be taking care of my new little niece soon; for when my sister goes back to work.  Me with 3 kids.  Whoa.  I mean one isn't mine, but practically will be during the day time at least.  I'm scared, ha!  Not going to lie, so we will see how it goes.  When I am around my niece I am all about caring for her, feeding her, changing her diaper, burping her...I miss having a baby, but then I don't.  It's a strange deal.  Emma has been sleeping in our bed quite a bit at night lately, which is great to snuggle, but then it's also not great because you don't sleep well, you get hot, 2 adults and 1 toddler squeezed into a queen size bed and you can't move at all and get sore because of that.  But I do love the snuggles.

Speaking of Emma, she is 2 very soon.  I am in the middle of planning her birthday party.  We always have a big get-together for our girls birthdays, so this will be the same.  Her theme is My Little Pony.  I was making her invites the other night and she was sitting on my lap at the computer; all she kept saying was "pony!, pony!, pony!" very excited.  Emma still doesn't talk much, but I think it's a blessing; Kyla talks plenty for the both of them.  Silence is good :)  (although she is slowly getting her words down, so it won't be long before I have two full blown talkers).

Kyla's first ballet recital is this weekend.  She is really looking forward to performing for her family.  I am very proud of her; she has done such a good job learning how to use her prosthetic to match how she uses her arm, she's gotten it down pretty darn well for only wearing it about an hour a week (only for ballet class).  She doesn't want to wear it otherwise, and I don't make her...

Kinda side note, we met a local pastor at a park during one of my photo shoots a month or so ago.  We went to his church about 2 weekends ago.  I really like him as a Pastor; he teaches the stories of the Bible, which is something I need.  I know I'm saved, I know I have the Holy Spirit in me, but I do not know Bible stories very well at all - I stopped going to Sunday School when I was a teenager, so it's been quite some time since I've studied Bible stories.  I feel like a lot of Pastors, or at least Pastors that I am used to preach a lot on how to live your life, biblically, which is good, but I personally want to know more about the book that I believe in, so these podcasts are awesome if you want to take a look:  http://www.crossviewcommunity.com/sermon-videos/

No comments:

Post a Comment