Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Really Desperately Need to Get in a New Post....

So much has happened and I feel so bad for not adding these events here.  I've been overwhelmed busy.  Between babysitting my 2 month old niece a few days/week to summer break, family vacations, and busier photography business, I've been pretty swamped.  Anyhow, before kiddos wake up, I've got to mention Kyla's first ballet recital, it went so well and we were so proud of her.  The day before her actual recital was rehearsal and she didn't do so well so I was nervous for the actual performance.  She ended up doing almost perfect and she had 2 grandmas crying.  She was so confident and had fun up there.   We took a family vacation with two of our friends families to Silverwood in Idaho two weekend ago.  Kyla is so crazy and loved the rollercoasters - she went on rollercoasts I have never been on in my life because I'm like super scared freak that doesn't like to get too risky, LOL.  Her Dad took her and she loved it.  Four and a half years old and riding crazy wood rollercoasters.....if she likes it fine with me.  Emma and I sat and watched :)  Emma got to go on her first rides as well during the trip and she loved them as well. 

Very very much need to get Kyla back into swimming lessons.  She is terrified of the water still after her almost drowning experience last summer during swimming lessons.  I've got to find someone to do private lessons with her because she is definitely old enough she needs to know how to swim so I don't have to worry about her.  We will be going out of town again in a couple weeks to our friends cabin again and it's near Lake Roosevelt and again water.  Kyla's Dad tried to take her down the lazy river at Silverwood - just laying on top of him on a float and she freaked...so not good.

Anyhow, Kyla did a week summer camp at her Preschool, Outdoor Camping Adventures and loved it.  I've got her registered for one more week long camp at the end of July - just for something for her to do - she enjoys being with other kids.

Emma is talking more and we are starting to be more disciplined with her.  Now that I have my Sister's baby some, I have to have her listen better when I ask her to do something or tell her to do something; which she has been able to get away with quite a bit so far so now it's time she have a little more rigid rules to follow.  And by rigid I mean like eating her food at the table and only the table - pretty normal things..lol. 

We did have Emma's 2 year birthday party bbq.  She is so adorable, I think the best part was being sang to, she continues to sing her version of "happy birthday to Mama" or "happy birthday to Kyla" in her adorable baby voice. Love her like crazy! 

My photography business is getting more and more clients, which is nice.  I do enjoy it, it's fun - gives me something to do!  Other than be a slave to my kids.  Anyhow gotta upload some pictures and get back to my Mommy job.  Take care everyone. 














1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber. Good story on a blog. I am Daniel Lim, a graduate student in UC Berkeley doing research on 3D printed prosthetic hand for kids. I was able to make a prosthetic hand for a kid name Sophie thanks to the Enabling the Future community (You can type sophie's superhand to see the article and video). I think you will be able to get some help from the community so try to look it up. my email address is limdan7@berkeley.edu, so let me know if you have any questions. (It seems like Kyla already has a good hand though)

    ReplyDelete