Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Sunday was Mother's Day (my 2nd one spent with my beautiful daughter and Hubby).  I gotta say, I like Mother's Day more than I like my birthday.  I feel more deserving of that day, because being a Mom is not easy, it's hard work and it never stops; where as a birthday is just another day, where you know you turned one year older; no big deal, and the older you get the less important that day seems.

The one thing I wanted to do for Mother's  Day was to go to the horse races.  I really like to look at all the race stats in the program for each race, then watch the horses to see how they are behaving prior to the race and then go place my bet.  My Grandpa taught me this technique, except he never went on stats and just went on behavior and he always did pretty good!  My Sister and I had a horse when we were little, although the horse was not a fan of me because I used to throw rocks at it (not sure why) and then years later she bucked me off so hard that I blacked out and was bleeding pretty badly from the inside of my mouth getting cut up that that was the end of my horse riding days (not that I had a bunch anyway)).  Soon after we sold Toby (our horse), so I can do the horse racing thing, however I don't do the inhaling copious amounts of 2nd hand smoke from all the cowboys and cowgirls that are there very well, and neither does my Husband.  So gross.  We attempted going to horse races on Saturday, but it didn't work.  Kyla is at the age now where riding in the car makes her pass out, which she did on the way to Sun Downs (racing facility) and then once she got woken up by us walking in, she was mad and threw a fit until we left and then passed back out in the car on the way home.  Bummer for me, but she got what she wanted; sleep in the comfort of her own familiar environment.  Yesterday we went to church, the Hubs and my baby took me out for lunch, we relaxed around the house, and then took Greg's Mom out for ice cream in the evening.  It was a good Mother's Day.  I haven't taken any new photos lately because I filled up my SD card and haven't purchased a new one.  This past week Kyla said another 3 worded sentence, this time it was "Yay, it's done!" after her bottle got done heating up in the microwave (yep she still gets a bottle 2 times/day....and I don't care that she is creeping up on 2 years old.  :)  I want her to be my baby for as long as possible, so I'm in no rush to be done with the bottle. 

Kyla just finishing up her 2nd round of antibiotics in the past two weeks for yet another ear infection.  We finally got the referral for her to see an ENT doctor today and I called within minutes of them telling me they had sent it to the doctor to schedule her an appointment.  Her appointment is not until June 14th but I did ask them to put her on their cancellation wait list.  Kyla has had probably 3 ear infections in the past month or so, and it seems like the antibiotics have just stopped working, even with the doctor trying different types.  I'm very ready for this to stop and Kyla is as well.  She hates medication and it is getting to the point where it is a fight every time she needs any type of medication.  I hate seeing her hurting and not feeling well all the time...it is no fun.  So I'm just praying that we can get in there sooner than June 14th and get the tubes or whatever she might need taken care of.  That is my update for the night.  I'm ready to hit the sack!  Goodnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment