Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Good Read

I have started reading a new book, it's titled "Double Take" by Kevin Michael Connolly.  Kevin is in his late 20's and was born without legs.  What drew me to his book was the documentary of his world travels in which he takes over 33,000 photographs from the height of his skateboard (which he uses to get around most of the time) of people staring at him.  The faces of these people really speak to me; it is the same faces I have seen but often times avoid looking at.  No reason to look at them right?  All-in-all they really don't matter.  This book discusses a lot about the sacrifices his parents took for him while he was growing up, the struggles he went through in school, etc.  I am about half way through and have only picked it up about 3 different times.  Quick, easy read and I find myself getting choked up a lot.  It's probably because I am pregnant.  LOL, check it out if you are interested.  I found it on Amazon with shipping for like $9.00.  Worth checking out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment