Powered By Blogger

Monday, November 8, 2010

Hello!

So I know some people read this blog...  Um, well not a ton, but I do get blog hits from all over the world - mostly from the US but some from other countries.  Originally I created this blog for my baby, as I have stated before.  It is really for her to read and look at when she gets older.  I'm one of those weird people that wonders, what if I were to pass away some day?  My baby wouldn't even remember me!  I want her to know how much I love her, and I want her to see these stories of others who have already batteled the same issues I'm sure she will battle, to get inspiration from them and to inspire others herself.  I want her to know how special she is and be aware of the great opportunites she has in her future.  I want her to know that she can do anything and everything she wants and to not think of her situation as being a "disability."
So who out there other than my family reads this?  Do you yourself have ABS or know someone who does?  I am all for networking with others who have or are experiencing the same issues we are.  Contact me or comment and share your story.  Even if you have not been affected by ABS, feel free to get in touch with me to ask questions or share your opinions or whatever it may be.  I know only a handful of people who have children with ABS and all of them do not live in the same town as us.  I get excited when I meet someone who has this, or knows someone who does.  I finally saw someone in my town who was missing just their hand and the amputation looked to be caused by ABS.  It's neat to know others out there who you can connect with...  so, don't be shy.  I would love to hear from you.  Thanks for reading.  :)

1 comment:

  1. My granddaughter is so incredibly luck to have you as her mother.

    ReplyDelete