Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 18, 2011

Figured I'd write a quick post on what happened this weekend. I'm currently sick and can thank my baby girl for that. She has been fighting a cold off and on for the past couple weeks but I always let her take sips off of my drinks (because it's funner to drink out of real cups as opposed to sippy cups) and every time I let her do it when she's sick I get sick and then can't seem to kick it. Urgh! This afternoon I am taking Kyla to a doctor appointment for a mysterious rash that has spread all over her body and comes and goes and has been for the past two weeks or so. This kid has serious skin issues. I'm starting to think she has eczema and I've tried all kinds of cremes and nothing seems to help too much so I'm thinking she either needs to see a dermatologist or I need a prescription strength creme. We'll see...

Saturday morning Greg and Kyla and I attempted to hike Badger Mountain trail. It was great, Greg carried Kyla and everything was going fine, until we got about 1/4 of the way up then Kyla decided she didn't want to be carried anymore and didn't want to walk up on her own, so after a crying fit we decided to bag it and headed back down the hill. Even though we only went a little ways up, my butt and legs were a little sore the next day, so I know it's a good work out....and it was fun and pretty too. So I'd like to go, but then we always have Kyla, so it most likely won't happen. One thing about becoming a parent is most of the time, things you would like to do, don't happen and that's just something you have to accept and realize it won't always be that way. Sometimes I get a little selfish and think it would be really nice if I just had like one day or something where I could go do whatever and not feel rushed to get home ASAP to relieve the Husband. It'll happen someday, there is hope! :)

Kyla and I went to church yesterday morning while Greg went 4-wheeling with some friends. I volunteered for two Sundays in the church nursery for next Sunday and another Sunday. Should be fun but interesting, lol..some of those kids sit at the gate and cry like crazy for their parents. I'm also a little nervous about changing other kids poopy diapers, because I've only ever changed my Niece and my own kid's poopy diapers and those are kids I love, ha, so we'll see how that goes, but our church really needs volunteers and I figure they watch my kid for me every Sunday so that I can take an hour out of my week to listen to God's word, and they should have that opportunity as well. I hope I get the little babies, but we'll see....I miss having a little baby (sometimes...just a little bit...).

Yesterday afternoon we went boating and I was able to wakeboard for a little bit...I didn't do too much because I didn't want to get my hair too wet, so I only went for maybe 15 minutes or so. This weird summer is killing me...it can be warm and sunny one minute and cool and cloudy the next.  So weird!  Oh I also forgot that we had dinner with friends Saturday night.  We have a group that all has kids around the same age that gets together at someone's house 1 time/month.  It is fun, feels like we're running a day care or something with 5 little kids running around  :)  I'll have to take a few pictures of the group of kids sometime and upload them here.  Except for 1 kid, they're all under 2 years old, so it's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment