Powered By Blogger

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Random Person Approaches Us

Last night we attended a local baseball game here in town with some friends.  It was Kyla's first baseball game and she did really good; a lot better than I thought she would!  Her boyfriend/bestfriend from daycare happened to be sitting two rows below us so those two little bugs had to sit in the aisle right next to each other almost the entire game.  Blocking all traffic like they owned the place!  They were sooo cute!  The little boy's name is Brennan and Kyla and him freak out when they see each other in the mornings at daycare...they're about two months apart, he is older...match made in Heaven right?  :)  So we were enjoying the game then decided to head down to the concessions to get something to eat.  I had just finished doctoring up our hot dogs and we were getting ready to head back up to our seats when some random dude with about a 3 year old daughter walks up to us and asks my Husband how he's doing.  My Husband was holding Kyla and was like "ugh good...," like should I know you type thing and then the guy just blirts out "I have a niece who is missing her lower right arm, like her" and proceeds to tell us her story.  It was random but neat... apparently the girl just turned 1 and lives in Idaho.  The guy asked if it was ABS and we said yes.  Then after a few minutes of talking, he walked away and we went back to our seats to finish the game.  This is the first time this has happened to us and I literally didn't even  notice the guy looking or anything.  I've noticed that I'm getting alot better about not caring, which is good.  I don't really even think about it anymore, around adults...I'm still not good with kids, but I think that also has to do with the fact that all the other kids that are around Kyla know her and know of her situation so it's not even an issue.  I don't really do the whole look around to see who's looking thing anymore and that is nice.

Anyway I've been pretty busy planning Kyla's second birthday party.  It will be next Sunday; a little early since I'm doing it while Greg's Sister is in town visiting from New York.  The theme this year is Bubble Guppies, which is Kyla's favorite cartoon.  And as you might have guessed, I've already spent WAY too much money on this party!  LOL, I can't help myself though...she is worth it!  So I've got the personalized edible cake topper, the iron-on decal t-shirt, the personalized banner, personalized invitations and Bubble Guppies pin-back buttons for everyone who attends.  :)  Thank goodness for Ebay and Etsy!  Kyla is going to LOVE it!  She has been scoping out all of the stuff I've been ordering and puts her face all up in the screen of my laptop and says "guppy guppies" over and over :)  We've also got an entire softball complex to ourselves just for Kyla's party which has an aquatic park and toys and a shaded picnic area.  A month or so ago I found a mini bounce house off of Craigslist and we will have that there as well.  Should be a blast!  I'll be sure to post photos. 

Speaking of photos, I've also been planning a special photo shoot of Kyla and was hoping to do it today but never got around to it.  I made her a couple things to make it special.  I'm hoping the photos will turn out really well, but not sure how much she will sit still  for me and wear what I'm planning to put on her!  We will see :)  I'll post those photos as well.  Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment