Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 8, 2011

Kyla's First "Sleep-Over"

This weekend we were lucky enough to be able to spend some time with our Niece Averi.  Kyla loves her being here and is almost a completely different kid with another playmate around.  Very cute; she watches everything Averi does and follows her around everywhere.  Friday night I went out with a friend for martinis and a movie.  It was nice to just get a little Mommy time, even if it was just 3 hours...3 hours was enough time away from my baby.  It is so funny, you look forward to those moments, but then when you get them, you still hurry home to your baby.  :)  Saturday I picked up Averi mid-morning and got ready to go boating with friends up to an island just past where I work.  We stayed there for about 4 hours before the heat wiped us out.  Averi had fun as did Kyla.  Kyla got her first face plant in the river (face first) thanks to her cousin pushing her in.  Averi is 6 and apparently did not understand why Kyla couldn't just get up after she got pushed in.  Luckily my hubby was right there and was able to get Kyla up soon after she hit the water.  Poor girl.  Averi spent the night Saturday and this was Kyla's first "sleep over."  :)  Sunday morning we all got ready for church and after church my Sister picked up Averi from us.  There were several occasions this weekend where Averi said that other kids on the beach were making fun of Kyla and laughing at her.  I didn't see it, but doesn't mean it didn't happen, it probably did.  I told Averi, "oh well, that's OK...."  Yesterday after Sunday School Averi told me that her class had walked by the nursery and saw Kyla and that other kids were making fun of her.  There is no way her class saw Kyla and was making fun of her, since she is in the nursery and you can hardly see the babies from the hallway.  I'm not sure why Averi felt that she needed to keep saying this, but it doesn't matter, maybe it's just what 6 year olds do.  Who knows.  There was another instance this weekend where Kyla's arm was talked about...  the fact that Kyla is just on the verge of being able to understand completely, means that I'm going to have to start putting a stop to all of this whenever it comes up.  Like any conversation about "Kyla's arm" isn't going to happen, doesn't matter if it's family that is talking about it or just some random person; there is no need to make a big deal out of it.  Being around other kids this weekend makes my daughter seem like an angel.  LOL, she really is super sweet...even if I say she has her moments, she is still a baby, but she has such a sweet heart.  I mean the kid isn't even 2 and she burps and says "excuse me" in her sweet little baby voice.  She says please, thank you, sorry...most of the time all on her own.  When she hits, she doesn't get away with it..., she is disciplined.  It's just funny seeing other little kids and then seeing her.  I think she'll be a very well manner child and that's what we want.  :)  This coming Wednesday I am taking Kyla to see Sesame Street, a touring play type thing with some friends and their kids.  We are getting a suite, so there will be 12 of us, only one poor guy is being dragged along and it's not my Husband :)  should be fun.  Friday we are going on a date to see Daniel Tosh with some of our friends.  He isn't my favorite comedian, but it should still be a good time.  I'll post some pictures of Kyla and Averi here soon, when I get some time.  For now I've got to get to cleaning, folding laundry and doing bills.  The un-fun stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment