Powered By Blogger

Monday, January 24, 2011

ABS Community Online

For those of you who are interested, there is an online ABS community of those who have been affected by ABS.  The link is:  http://www.amnioticbandsyndrome.com/online-community-a-95.html

I joined this site when Kyla was born - it was where I got most of my information on ABS from, since the doctors didn't really tell us anything at all.  Isn't that weird?...   I was on here the other day and found a photo of two children who looked to be siblings that had the same limb amputation, both missing their right arms under their elbows.  When I saw this picture I froze up and stared at the picture for a while, and then kind of started freaking out.  I was at work about to leave for the day and my Husband had called and I explained to him what I had just seen and told him that the doctor's told us it couldn't happen twice.  My Husband said that they didn't say that, but I specificially remember them saying it wouldn't.  Anyway I walked to my car and was like still freaking out in my head, like "how could that happen, with the same amputation and twice?"  The next day I decided to write the lady and asked her if she could share her story and she did, this is what she said:

Hi kyla mom, I'm still trying to figure out how to post things. We adopted our daughter 4yrs ago she was very beautiful and no one was inquiring about her and we fell in love at first site. Last year Dec. we decided to adopt again 1 rule my hubby said was Jesus has to provide for it all, and HE did :) we brought our little man home Dec 11. When we were looking at the special needs kids I asked our agency if there were in little boys missing a hand. We just laughed when we saw it was even the same hand. We knew he was our little man. Our daughter uses her foot in video games and cutting paper, there isn't anything she can't do. Except tie her shoes. So anyone with suggestions on that I'd appreciate the help. We have 2 other children at home that are bio kids 13, 5yr, our daugher is also 5 and our little man is 21 months. We have learned so much from our children and each day is a wonderful adventure.

I thought this was pretty cool and honestly I was relieved to hear they were both adopted.  I love Kyla's little arm, it is so squishy and I love to rub it and squish it when she will let me, LOL, but you know, if you go to this ABS community, there is a section for Those Who Lost a Child to ABS.  I've read a few of these stories and I don't really want to read more, because it's pretty tough to read them, but it can be life threatening.  I was glad to hear the doctors tell us that it doesn't happen twice several months ago, so when I saw these two children I kind of freaked out, like what the heck, they told us it can't happen again.  I thought it was awesome these parents gave these two children a family and the chance to become siblings, especially since they are both like each other.  Of course most people will over look these children, everyone wants a perfect child, but being a parent of a special child, I think these children are more of a gift than a "perfect child."  I am pretty sure most parents of special children would say the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment