Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 15, 2011

New Connections

This week I was lucky enough to make some new connections with two individuals who have similar limb deficiencies like Kyla's.  I received an email from a gal who said she had ran across my blog while searching for information on the Born Different show.  Here is her initial email (hopefully she doesn't mind me posting this - I thought this would be neat for Kyla to read later on): 

Hi Amber.  I happened upon your blog while I was looking up the Born Different 2 schedule to post to my Facebook.  Your daughter is adorable by the way.  I was affected by ABS as well, being born with my lower right limb missing and 3 fingers on my left hand.  I am 25 years old and still have found nothing I cannot do (besides maybe juggle, but I still try..lol).  Granted, I do many things different, I do everything.  I have always amazed everyone around me.  So funny you have posted the same things I post regarding others with congenital deficiencies.  Such as the one arm model and Nick V.  Love him!!  So inspirational.
 
I would love to keep following your blog and you have inspired me to start my blog back up.  Everyone says I need to write a book...there's so many people that need to be educated.  Thanks for your blog, your daughter will definitely appreciate it later in life. So excited for tonight's show.  Hope to stay in touch.
 
B


This is part of the reason why I do this.  I was so excited to receive this email and am looking forward to following her blog.  As a Mother of a child who has a limb deficiency, hearing how there is nothing she cannot do gives me tons of hope.  I think sometimes I find myself worried about how things will work themselves out in the future or how my daughter will fit in, in all of the things that she will want to do, such as school, sports or dance type stuff, etc.  This lady wrote her first blog post I believe the day after she contacted me and talked about how she was the first in her Kindergarten class to learn how to tie her shoes, the fastest typist in junior high, and runner up in her prom, which is awesome!  Makes me very happy to hear stories like this and I am so glad she emailed me.  I also had another person contact me on Facebook (after reading a post I had made several months ago on Kelly Knox's page) who has a limb deficiency similar to Kyla's, and she lives in Costa Rica.  I have not communicated with her much because I'm not sure how fluent she is in English, but it is really nice to have others out there to relate with and talk with.

No comments:

Post a Comment