Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ahh... Just Patiently Waiting...

Sooo, my lens arrived yesterday along with my lens hood and filter.  Now I just need my CAMERA!  Man this is tough waiting for it to come....  I have been wanting this baby for a looonnnng time now.  Only thing that stopped me is the fact that it is about 1100 just for the camera body.  Add my lens and hood and filter to the top and you get about a 1300 investment.  Now for me personally, that's a lot of money to spend on something electronic.  Let me give you some background on why I want this so bad:

1)  I realize that precious time is ticking away and I want to be able to capture what I see with my eyes today years later (and not with some crappy point and shoot camera that gives you no detail).  I look at my babies tiny little fingers, the little creases in them and how pudgy they are and I see that hand getting bigger and skinnier by the minute!  Makes me sad.  :(  I tell Ky all the time that I would have 5 of her if I could.  Not another one (right now), but just her all over again, multiplied by 5.  Ugh she is so sweet sometimes it is sickening!
2)  I think professinal photographers rates are ridic.  I realize camera equipment is super expensive, but come on...  you pay for that after doing a handful of shoots and then you're just making profit.  No one has 200 to spend every couple months to capture their kids growing up.  Or at least I don't.
3)  I can avoid the awkwardness that I have encountered in the past.  So last time I took Kyla to get photos I went to Penny's, and it was a young girl working who did not have much experience shooting babies.  She had no clue what she was doing and I took her by myself and I felt like she froze up as soon as she saw her arm.  Just had no clue what to do.  I gave her a little bit of time to try to figure it out and then looked at her photos and they were horrible and I walked out purchasing nothing.  She even told me "you don't have to buy any," like in this nice little voice.  LOL.  I don't want to put Kyla in situations where people don't know her and treat her like something is wrong with her, especially now that she is getting older and is going to start understanding more - either verbally or by watching people's reactions.

I call my Dad every couple days to see if it has arrived, but it hasn't.  Nikon needs to get on the ball and start shipping these out!  Until then, I will wait.  I've got patience like crazy now that I'm a Mom...I can wait a few more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment