Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Possible Ear Tubes for Kyla

Today I stayed home super sick.  Felt like crap all thru the night, woke up this morning with a fever and couldn't keep the kid home with me, so I sent her off to daycare.  I spent the whole day just napping and trying to take care of myself.  I also made Kyla a doctor's appointment and the Husband took her to that for me (which I was thankful for), and she has a double ear infection.  The doctor said she has had too many, that she has had almost 1 ear infection every single month since she was born, so she is going to see her back in 10 days and then see how they look and decide if she will refer her to someone to look at doing tubes.  :(  I kind of figured this was inevitable, but is not something that I wanted to happen.  I certainly don't want my baby being put under, but also in a way I am kind of open to something that might help her to get healthy finally and stop being sick all the time, along with me being sick all the time.  So we will see what happens.  I had Greg talk to the doctor about her picky eating and learned that we are pretty much doing it all wrong.  She said not to fight with her when it comes to eating, that if we do that, we will just cause her to be a picky eater for the rest of her childhood and we don't want that, so she said just basically put food in front of her and she will eat when she gets hungry.  She did say to try chicken nuggests and if she'll eat chicken nuggets, give her those...for breakfast lunch and dinner if she wants them.  This is gonna be a hard one for me, since I want her to eat healthy.  We tried them tonight and she only ate a few bites.  Kyla wants to feed herself but she has a difficult time doing it because she don't have that other hand to hold things, like her yougart container and that type thing.  She just kinda scoots it all over the tray.  So I will continue to try to feed her myself but won't fight with her over it like I have been. 

On a side note, I've been kinda in a funk lately because of all the issues I've been having with my family.  I have not talked to my Sister or Mom is like over two months.  It's a super long story but my Sister's boyfriend who moved in with her over two years ago finally went to prison like about a month ago.  He will be there for almost 3 years and she has set her mind to staying with him through it and has even said on several occasions that she is going to marry him when he gets out (sigh....).  I've never met the dude, but he has caused issued for my Sister and I and our entire family for the past two + years.  It's pretty dumb....  I'm married to someone who is in law enforcement so this has not worked out well for any of us.  He is the type that moved into her home, and could never get a job and spent most of his time wakeboarding, boating, snowboarding, etc. all while my Sister went to work and brought home a paycheck.  I don't like dudes who use single Mother's.  Like go get a job dude, even if you have to work at 7-11...don't use my Sister for everything you can get.  My Sister and I are a year and 11 days apart so we have always up until about 3 years ago been super close.  Unfortunately that has changed and she has actually only ever seen my daughter maybe 6 times or so....  the day of her birth she actually chose to go out of town to this dude's family reunion in Seattle and after Kyla was born, and everyone learned about her arm, my Dad paid to fly her home to "be there for me..." she stayed at the hospital for about an hour and flew back to Seattle the next morning.  I was watching Dr. Phil today and it was on like Sisters that are not getting along and those girls' stories don't even compare to my Sister and I's.... which is sad, but is reality.  I know I should probably not be so concerned about who my Sister is dating, but she has a young daughter who was crying over her "dad" going to prison and has unfortunately been exposed to a lot of crap during her 6 years of life.  Then there is my Mom who I have never had a good relationship with since she left our family and my Sister and I when we were 10 and 11.  When she heard my Sister and I had a huge fight (once again) I told her to not get involved and she did and said inappropriate stuff (once again) and I am just finally tired of dealing with her stuff.  I have put up with it for a longgg, longgg time and I'm just kinda tired of it.  There was the whole abandoning my Sis and I when we were little, then ruining my wedding day by freaking out and screaming at me because apparently I couldn't handle the fact that she had a bf and threatening to not even come to my wedding which left my crying hysterically up until I walked down the aisle and then this, where she was verbally attacking my Husband.  Never once has she ever apologized for anything she has ever done, it has just always been a don't talk about it, act like it never happened type deal.  So ya, things are just very weird and have been for much too long.  I finally told my Mom how I feel about everything she has done to us and her only response was GROW UP AND GET OVER IT.  So that was about the last straw for me.  So I haven't been in the best spirits the past several months.  Anyway, I'm getting to bed early tonight so that I can hopefully make it to work tomorrow.  Everyone have a good night.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better Amber. I have a disfunctional family too. So, I hear ya. Sometimes they can just be so stupid an immatture. But If I say something, I'm the jerk. So ya, I understand. I haven't talked to my brother since January. I finally told him he needed to quit mooching off my parents and grow up. He didn't like that very well. My parents have no money, and yet they are always paying for all kinds of stuff for him, and he expects them to. My mother was there too and she was mad cause she doesn't see it. I still talk to my mom, but my brother is obviously the fav and she'll take his side any day of the week, no matter what the issue is.

    ReplyDelete