Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Good News

Things aren't official yet but I have been offered and accepted to change my job from a FT job to a PT (working 24 hrs/week).  I just met with my manager yesterday and this change will take place within the next 2 weeks.  I'm super excited to be able to spend more time home with Kyla.  To me I feel like a Mom should be with her child, especially when they are young.  I guess this has to do with the fact that my Mom was home with my Sister and I until we were about 7 or 8 years old.  My Husband also grew up with either one of his Mom's home with him.  So in my eyes, that's the way I feel a family should be.  I have done the FT working Mom thing now for about 6 months or so and it is very hard.  I have adjusted but emotionally I don't think a Mom is supposed to be able to adjust to that - only seeing their kids for just a couple hours/day; it just doesn't feel right sending your child off to someone else everyday.  I understand that some people have no option than to work and have their kids at daycare, but if you can make it work being home with your kids, I believe that is the best thing to do - I'm so thankful that we have made adjustments to get us to a point where we can financially do it.  It's hard for sure.  For me personally I have so many things that I would like to be able to do with Kyla and will now have the opportunity to with this new schedule change.  My list of stuff - swimming in the backyard on hot summer days, going to the park to play on the playsets, helping Mom cook and bake, i want to make a garden and have kyla help me take care of it when she gets a little older, my first thing I would like to do is get back into having Kyla wear her prosthetic arm and start teaching her how to use the potty, doing fun crafty projects with her - help get her ready for preschool, etc.  I'm definately going to take advantage of this time I have with her and make the most of it.  I am also considering starting up school again.  It really stinks because I was about 2/3 of the way through my degree program and got all A's and one B and my work apparently decided they were no longer going to reimburse for that degree, so now I have to choose a new program and hope some of my credits will transfer.  I think it's important that I get this finished up though while I can...  and with Kyla's naps and the fact that I won't work Mondays and Fridays, I'll be able to stay up late and work on school stuff. 

So this was definatley the change that I was looking for.  I will be much happier, I think it will be great for Ky and will be good for our fam.

No comments:

Post a Comment