Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 7, 2011

'Tiger Mother' Article



OMG, everyone who reads my blog should watch this and read the article:  http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/parenting/the-opposite-of-a-tiger-mother-leaving-your-children-behind-2460982/

This lady drives me crazy; I just want to shake her and tell her to wake up!  This story hits close to home for me.  A couple weeks ago, I finally decided that I had to speak up against Mom's who put their own selfishness first and their own needs and wants as #1, although I won't go into detail about this.  These Moms are delusional thinking that their actions are not going to affect their children later on in life, or that their relationships with their children will not be negatively affected.  Children are so fragile and unfortunately sometimes people don't realize that or just don't care.  Once you become a Mom, you have that responsibility for the rest of your life; it's not something you can choose to say you no longer want!!!  I don't get how a Mom could leave their child....that is not normal.  When you have a child, something within you changes and your number one priority is to protect and provide for them; not to think of yourself.  These little sweeties (children) are the best gift in the world and these women should feel privileged and take advantage of every minute they have to spend with their children.  They grow up fast; they won't need you for forever!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am so with you. That lady's CRAZY! "Re-defining" motherhood, Gosh I hope not!!! I could never leave my babies. Every mom needs a break and time to herself every now and then, but thats just wrong to walk away from your kids like that. If she didn't want to be a mom in the first place, why does she have 2 children? You would've thought she would have got her tubes tied or something after the first child she didn't want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that! I feel bad for her children. Did you read all the comments people have gone on there and said about the article? This lady isn't liked, to say the least...

    ReplyDelete